Dienstag, 25. Juni 2013

Seth






Seth



When old men die the earth is seeded:
But when youth's blonde fury
Vanishes before our eyes,
The bright Aegean rages---
Crimes and portents come true,
Time forfeits order for chaos.


I have no claim.
I merely encountered you
Long enough
To witness the warrior-stride
Heedless, impassioned,
Fabulous as fable.


I could only
Hold up my weak pen
Against your solar wind
Making blind all who suspected
The weight borne
On your slender frame.


Saying: be careful my friend:
What is confided by the Mother
Must not be borne by the son,
That was Christ's business
And none of the world's.
Be on guard.



I warned you, and you knew,
Or knew by similitude
The thousand things
You had yet to surpass.
I cannot say what happened
For all narratives are not neat.



Flight is boundless genius unbounded
My shadow still grieving in your bourne:
Had you had time and not embodied it
The miraculous would be upon us:
Instead, your fate endures:
Poised, expectant, and unvanquished.





                                                     Will Morgan
                                                     June 24, 2013

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen